Saturday, June 29, 2013

Almost Caught Up!

My June blocks for the EQ7 Summer Drawing Sew Along have been finished up for a while. This month I learned to do Pieced PatchDraw where you need to draw the block pieces on all sides--not just make lines on the block. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but it was pretty slick.



Obviously this had to be paper pieced--not my favorite thing ,
but probably the best way to do this block. 

Of course, by the time the mid-month lesson rolled around, I had completely forgotten the lesson and had to go back to the beginning!

More paper piecing--this one wastes a lot of fabric! 



Block # 42: Cats and Mice
Block # 43: Gentleman's Fancy


I also did a little on-line shopping therapy at the Fat Quarter Shop:

Everything was on sale AND I had an additional discount code-I was doomed to shop!
That cute Minick and Simpson box contains their Aurifil thread collection--love it! 
I've been wanting to make this Lori Holt pattern for ages. 
I thought the projects in this pattern were "sew" cute and would make fun little gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blocks! Great purchases, too. I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur blocks turned out well. Good on you doing the midmonth lesson - I haven't yet, and will probably need to start all over again too! I wondered if I looked at the rotary cutting instructions for the block, whether that would help me cut fabric out beforehand to use for the foundation pieced block (of course you'd have to make them a little bigger). I didn't actually try it but wondered if it may mean a little less wastage?

    ReplyDelete