Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Another Schnibbles Done!

I'm still picking up debris around the yard from last weeks storms. The walking path I use is so littered with branches, I'm sure I look like the Prancercize Lady from a distance. 

Mr. Moosebay and his shiny blue truck had a run-in with a tree last week too.
There were so many storms and downed trees--in fact my brother's truck and his girlfriend's car were both totaled by a Maple tree on Friday--sad because I remember my Dad planting that tree.
But that's not what happened to Mr. Moosebay. 

His truck is equipped with a back-up alarm AND a rear view camera. 

Unfortunately, neither of those is useful when you leave the tailgate down. 

Luckily the tree survived the encounter with the truck. 
The new tailgate has been ordered and will be installed later this week.
I could buy a nice little sewing machine with the amount of money the are charging at the dealership!
Because of the rain, I was able to get a bit of work time in at the sewing machine and finished my Vintage Schnibbles:
 Dulcinea. 
The larger pinwheels require two matching charm squares and I just happened to have three packs of matching American Jane. I removed the red and yellow charms (for another project) and I really like the way the green, melon and blue work together. This will be a fun table topper for the porch. 
I wimped out on the pieced border and used up some blue fat quarter scraps. 
Solids from my stack of Riley Blake that I won from The Fat Quarter shop were the perfect colors!

No fancy binding this time.
I miss-cut the fabric I had left for the binding and had to piece in a charm square to squeak out the last few inches.
I hate when that happens!

5 comments:

  1. I like the little detail that pieced square offers. As much as I like fancy bindings, I also like matching binding sometimes. This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the blue and orange. Did you machine quilt that? I envy those of you who can do such a nice job of FMQ on the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color combo; aren't you now eligible to buy that little machine--to keep you two "even steven"? (ROTFLOL) { We just got our semi annual car tax bill--yikes--there goes my traveling machine!!}
    Hugs, --oh, by the way--did you hear about the "Quilts for Calgary" project on Cheryl's "diningroomempire.blogspot.com" ? A very worthy casue..Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, the blue and orange go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding Dulcinea! I like that you changed up the charm pack a bit :-) Too bad about the truck. I hope you get a break in the rain!

    ReplyDelete