Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Bright Sunshiny Day

Well, it's not so bright outside--another cool rainy day--but it's bright in my sewing room!

Lucky me (again)!! I won this bundle of Riley Blake solids from the Fat Quarter Shop
on their Jolly Jabber blog (thank you Kimberly Jolly!):

Lots of fun colors that will go with my collection of American Jane, 30's Retro's and even my small collection of Kaffe Fasset fabrics. 

Hmmmm... I'm not sure what I will do with them, but I see that I have lots of options. 
These blocks are from Sherri's fifth post for her Solids Sew Along
Sherri McConnell's Solid's Block Sew Along from A Quilting Life
Or I could combine my new solids with some of my scraps ( I have plenty of those!!) and make something like this:
Deb Kratovil's Fractured Jewels

Find the free pattern from Windham Fabrics HERE

Maybe I should combine them with my Retro prints and start making Lori Holt's barn blocks--so cute!


You know how I love a Sew Along--how have I resisted starting these??

Since they are Riley Blake solids, maybe I should use a Riley Blake pattern from their website--they have tons! I especially like THIS ONE---love the hexies!!

Honeycomb Free Project Sheet
Cool quilting too!

2 comments:

  1. So many possibilities! I made one of Lori's Barn blocks, but that has been it so far. Too many other irons in the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you for winning those fabrics. You have so many options. It would make my head swirl!! But what fun!!

    ReplyDelete