Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Little of This and That


Another package arrived. I have been waiting patiently for the first block in the Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the Week to arrive. It got here last Friday. 

Block one from the Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the Week
"Words to Live By"

Inking the word was terrifying. I was going to wait until the block was finished, but then I thought of all that work going to waste if I mess up. I did it in pencil first and then went over it with the pen Lisa recommends. I still need to stitch down the stems.  
Each block of the week comes with a little free block kit.
Words to Live By is a 12" finished block
Summer Blooms is a 4" finished block
The "freebie" week one block from Primitive Gatherings.
"Summer Blooms"


And some catching up with some monthly things:
My EQ7 block for June. This one was paper pieced and used the Pieced Patch Draw tools.
I'm learning a lot from this Sew Along!

My 12" Chicken Scratch block for June

My 6" Chicken Scratch block for June

My Dixie Diary blocks for June:



I'm making a little progress on my stars. 

2 comments:

  1. I looks like you have been pretty busy! Lots of fun things here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of eye candy to see in your post. I didn't realize the words were inked when I saw the project on Primitive Gatherings blog. I thought they were embroidered. Yours turned out very well. The little wool block is a treat too.

    ReplyDelete