This project wasn't on any of my lists of UFO's or WIP's, but started as an attempt to use up some of the fabrics left over from last year's 365 Challenge. Although I still have lots of leftovers, Idaho Square Dance did make a dent in the pile.
|I was inspired by Bea and Cecile to keep going with this project. |
They hosted a Log Cabin Quilt Along with a certain number of log cabin blocks per month ending in a finish on April 1st--I made it!
|I got to use up some big chunks of fabric for the backing too--always a good thing!|
|I wanted to get the quilting done quickly, so no panto's or marking--just free hand hooks with petals and echo's. It turned out much better than I anticipated!|
|I have to confess the label is only glue basted--I'll get it stitched down later tonight. My binding was machine sewn using a blanket stitch.|
|This quilt is like a miracle for me--a Bonnie Hunter project finished the same year it was started--lol!! The Idaho Square Dance pattern is from Bonnie's latest book, Addicted to Scraps.|
|I think my next project may have to be tackling this 2' high pile of scraps I've been accumulating for almost 2 years--yeesh!|