|This is one of the few times I've marked a quilt before loading it on my HQ16. I planned to do feathers in my borders and felt it would be easier to do the chalking on a flat surface. I did some marking on the inner border also.|
|The rest of the quilting was freehand done in the light areas--echoing around the appliques and continuous curves in the 25 patch blocks.|
|I didn't worry about staying precisely on the chalked lines when I came to quilting the feathers (maybe I should have--lol!)|
|So this is my One Monthly Goal for March completed.|
It's also my Bea and Cecile quilt-a-long quilt for 2019, which required 16 flower blocks of one's choice. Mine are from a book by Jo Morton (with a bit of adaptation).
|When I first started making the quilt, this fabric was my choice for the border and a guide to choose the fabrics for the rest of the quilt. In the end, I felt it was just too busy and competed with my applique blocks, so it had to go on the back.|
|Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE|