Monday, June 10, 2013

I've Been a Bad, Bad Girl!

  


Okay, you know the weather has been pretty sucky when the front page head line in the local paper is: HereComes the Sun


What else can you do when the weather is terrible? 


I've been doing lots of sewing, but that's not all.
 Even Mr. Moosebay noted that I had been spending too much time on-line when three packages arrived in one day.
Package One:
A couple of Windham charm packs and a little tumbler ruler from the Missouri Star Quilt Co.
The tumbler ruler was free as one of their Daily Deals.

Package Two:
The latest Jo Morton book. I got a good deal on eBay.
The projects feature her Jo's Variety line, but I plan to use my Blue Variety fabrics. 
 Okay, this was realllly BAD!! 
Obviously I didn't need these fabrics--especially since I haven't touched my bundle of Blackbird Designs Blueberry Crumb Cake I picked up last year at Grubers. 
Blueberry Crumb Cake fat eighth bundle. 
BUT...
I have been admiring salivating over the Blackbird Designs line that will be released later this year:
This won't be out until August, but I stumbled across a bundle of fat quarters for sale that had been picked up during Sample Spree at Spring Market. 
I had to buy it because it was on sale with free shipping--what else could I do??

From package three:
I think I will be able to mix Blueberry Crumb Cake with Nature's Basket.
In Nature's Basket:
A large sampler print and 2 different tonal floral prints

Stripes, plaids, and textures

Sprigs, stars and a large plaid star.

One small plaid with stars and large stars.
Thankfully, the sun will be here soon and my credit card can cool off for a couple days.

3 comments:

  1. You have been a very bad girl! I'm jealous of those Blackbird fabrics. I better start saving now! I'm working an election tomorrow for a little pin money so I can buy me some Pin Money by Pam Burda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just need to order up some sunshine! lol! Great choices... can't go wrong with Jo Morton or Blackbird Designs! I have a stack of Bluberry Crumbcake too... I bought it for a project in their Weekend book... though I haven't started it yet... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I ordered that little tumbler template, too--too good to pass up! It must be "in the air"; I ordered some new thinner rulers --my older ones are way too thick and have contributed to my "bad cutting"--and 2 new dies from accuquilt for Go! Baby--and I must STOP IT! Love those Blackbird fabrics! Julierose

    ReplyDelete