Sunday, December 20, 2015

Celebrate!

Wow--I haven't posted since last Sunday--it was a busy week! 
We had our last sew-in for the year on Tuesday and I stitched up this pincushion:
The Primitive Gatherings Black Friday Freebie.
I did change out most of the fabrics in the kit because they were hideous.
Okay, there was only one blue and you know I'm all about the blues!

I got some super fun mail--this is from Janet O (Rogue Quilter).
I wish our computers had Smell-O-Vision--the soaps are so yummy--and handmade by Janet!
Spearmint Clove and Peppermint Pine---MMMMMMMmmmmmmm!
Thanks again Janet!

And this little tin came from Jan of Featherweight Quilt Company:
 Hexies-To-Go, so cute!

Friday was the final applique group meeting of the year. I was seduced into adding these fabrics to my stash because I was seated directly across from the rows of sale fabric!
Nope--no will power.
I even had a big delicious piece of Costco chocolate cake and a piece of melt in your mouth Almond Kringle that Anne had ordered from a bakery in Wisconsin. It was all worth every bite!!

In between finishing off sale bolts, I stitched up the final Buttermilk Basin Sew Along block. I plan to get his face and buttons on today, as well as finish my last rosette on Mrs. Billings. I really slacked on the hand sewing in the evenings this week, because I got caught up in a big piecing adventure that I may get around to sharing before the end of the year.
We are celebrating Christmas at my brother's house on Wednesday, and I haven't finished my shopping--not surprising since I didn't start until this past Friday. I've been a huge procrastinator this year!
See you after the holidays and happy stitching!!
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

15 comments:

  1. OMG! I always Look at the chocolate cake at Costco! LOL!! Your projects are wonderful and especially like the little hexi on the go kit...cute! Merry Christmas Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much eye candy in your post Karen! I've been the lucky recipient of some of Janet's handmade soaps before - they're awesome! I LOVE that little hexie tin - what a great gift! Your pincushion with the hearts is adorable - great presentation - hurry and make something with it so we can see! LOL I've only ever had one piece of Costco's chocolate cake and it was SO DELICIOUS! Mmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling pincushion! Your blues just glow :0) That was on the sale table!! Lucky, lucky you!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little hearts pincushion--so cute!! Nice bling you got!! hugs and Merry Christmas Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowman! I need to get caught up on my blocks for that. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have such great projects to look at. Plus the thoughts of delicious chocolate cake and adding new fabrics to the stash. Looks like a wonderful way to end your quilting groups for the holidays. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. That PG pincushion spattered with hearts is so cute.
    I'm glad you like the soap scents. I hope you will enjoy using it.
    Look at your BB block all ready for the finishing touches. You have used the same background on all of yours haven't you? I think I should have. Would love to see all of your blocks together! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gifts and well done to get to work on any projects at this busy time! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the PG heart quilt to make! Nice goodies from quilter friends. I also have no will power where fabric is concerned

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that pincushion!
    Don't procrastinate too much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi-have discovered you gave A Bit About Britain a bit of a plug and want to thank you very much! I'm afraid I know NOTHING about quilting (though the products look amazing), or sewing - and only a tiny bit about gardening...but have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you have been busy! I love your pin cushion and it makes so much difference to do it in fabrics you love, well worth the swap out! Have a very merry Christmas if you don't post before - I don't know how you'll have time though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pin cushion is lovely! Love seeing all the projects on the go. You have received some lovely gifts and the chocolate sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Karen and all the best for 2016 when I look forward to reading your blog for fun and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen! Do you know if the bakery was in Eagle River, WI? Odd question, I know :) I have some Kringle is my fridge (soon to be in my tummy) - Lol!

    ReplyDelete