Sunday, February 8, 2015

Plugging Away!

Thursday was the last meeting of Stitch Society (part 1) at Gruber's. I'm not quite caught up with last month's designs, but I feel pretty good about how many I managed to finish this month. 
Snowflake 2
Snowflake 2

Snowflake 3
Snowflake 3

Snow Storm
Snow Flurries

Thimbles
Thimbles

Spools
Spools

Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine

Strawberries
Strawberries

Apple
Apple

Tulip
Tulips

Painted Daisy
Painted Daisy
I have several more finished, but this has probably been "wool hexie overload"so I will save them for later.
Sue brought these vintage hand pieced Dresden plates to the meeting. She had been cleaning out her sewing room and wondered if someone would take them off her hands. I was thrilled to be able to help her out! The plates have a few issues (they don't lie flat), but it will be fun to come up with a way to use them.
Thanks again Sue!
I still have a stack of my wool hexagons ready to stitch, so I will be working on them during Downton Abbey!
Linking up with Kathy HERE for some Slow Sunday Stitching.
Slow Sunday Stitching

16 comments:

  1. Yum... bring on the stitching and the Downton!
    Love that sewing machine hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great hexies! The painted daisy caught my eye. Have fun with the dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of seeing those wool hexies. That painted cone flower looks like a variety I had added to my garden last spring. Have fun figuring out what to do with those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidery on your wool hexies give so much more interest to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No overload here. I loved looking at all those beautiful wool hexies. The beaded snowflakes are so delicate looking and I really like the sewing themed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexies are all so gorgeous, such wonderful designs and beautiful embroidery! Love the dresdans, I'm sure you'll enjoy finding a way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen...these are dang cute!! I never thought to make hexi's out of wool. Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each of those hexies is so cute, like little works of art. and I'm glad you got to rescue the dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful hexies!! I never tire looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hexies are so fun! I especially love the sewing machine, but they are all wonderful!
    You could make Grandmother's Fan blocks out of those Dresdens. Maybe a quarter section of them would lie flat. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These wool pieces are adorable...each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why those wool hexies are addictive....I am addicted to looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always I love your wool applique hexagon blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous hexies again. Love the snowflakes and the sewing items and ... everything!

    ReplyDelete