Thursday, February 19, 2015

Eat Your Veggies!

What do you do when you wake up to -29 degrees and your water pipes are frozen??? 
You do some sewing, silly!!!
Well, after you spend a couple hours online---haha.....
The Eggplant

The Carrots

The Peas

The Radish
(Oops--This was actually supposed to be a BEET, but I had cut out my wool before I read the title on the design page--my bad!)

My first Gem. Yes--I confess. I'm weak.
I got sucked into the Temecula Little Gems sew along.
This is sewn from a packet of fabrics they sent with the papers and templates.


And what do you do when you don't have the mirrors to preview your fussy cuts?
Use a couple of old Clinique eye shadow cases, naturally!

I place the paper where I think I want it, set the eye shadow cases to either side of the point and slip the paper away to see my preview--works great!

Okay, now I really am going to go sew!

9 comments:

  1. Some beets can be a light color. Or at least they were at my CSA! :-) I loved the pea pods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the peas hexie. Looks almost real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little radishes--I think they are so cute! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious vegetables!
    I do like your problem solving with the eye shadow cases. Smart thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're enduring the same frigid temps and although I won't be thrilled with the heating bill I do love how cozy it feels inside. Perfect weather for sewing! Love your veggie blocks, especially the pea pod! Great tip about the shiny boxes for previewing fabrics for fussy cuts. Keep warm and keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little gem! We'll be taking a trip to S. Cal. this spring and hope to spend a day touring wine country around Temecula. Hope I can stop in and see the shop in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete