Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Necessary Evils

It's been a problem for a few days, but I just couldn't ignore it any longer.
Yes, time to clean up the cutting table!
(((embarrassing!!!)))
 I'm pretty proud of myself for not succumbing to every sew along and mystery that has crossed my path, but there are 2 (well, maybe 3) that I had to join:
I finally decided on a background for Block 1 of the Buttermilk Basin mystery .
I think this Sandy Gervais print from her Gobble Gobble line looks like punched tin--I don't have a lot of it, so I have to be very careful with my cutting.
 Since I'm not sure if this will trimmed later, to prevent raveling, I "Fray Checked"the background edges--a Lisa Bongean tip.
All the wool pieces are from my stash of wool scraps.

This is part two of the Thimblecreek mystery.
I am using some of my patriotic scraps for this one.
The only way to get the instructions for this one is to subscribe to Joe's Gazette HERE--it comes in your email every Tuesday.

This is part two along with the nine patches from part one.
I have no clue where this is going, but I'm going to trust Joe that it will be awesome!
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday HERE

12 comments:

  1. Very nice piecing in the star. With cute little nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice background for the wool SAL. I succumbed, too, in spite of my resolutions. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just looks like a very productive work room to me! :)
    Your sew alongs are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mysteries sound intriguing! Love the pineapple one - what fun! Thanks for joining us at #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karen! It is difficult not to join in everything isn't it?! Love your blocks... really cute sheep! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief to know that someone else has a sewing table where everything is within easy reach! Tidying up is good but you will put something away and not be able to find it again! I am looking for a particular fabric but have no idea where it is and I really want to use it in my current project! Lesson learned....go easy on the tidying up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the little sheep on the pineapple--Once I get my SBR and GP quilts bound I will do a piece in wool for the first time...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a well-used and well-loved work space to me, too! I'm sure it'll clean up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative clutter....that is my excuse, anyway. Love that Thimblecreek mystery....your colors are great. Sweet little sheep, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pineapple. I was sorely tempted to join that QAL but I'll just have to enjoy your progress. The background is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying really hard, but there is so many interesting QAL's!! Very sweet little sheep and the stars and 9-patches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You haven't used the cutting table for a little while. I have had that problem every now and then too.
    I saved the sheep/pineapple design but no time to make it right now.

    ReplyDelete