My Number Six top (Easy Street) just hasn't been calling my name.
I'd much rather be working on my Number One: Paper Dolls.
So, being the procrastinator that I am, instead of working on Easy Street, I finished piecing the Paper Doll blocks:
You may remember that I hadn't been happy with the low contrast of my brown star points. Just for fun, I stuck some waste triangles on the star points to see how they would look with lighter fabric.
|Forty nine Paper Doll Blocks!|
Actually, I ended up making six extra blocks. I will be able to make a second smaller version or I could make one more block and add an eighth row. I'm not sure what the dimensions will be with an extra row, so that part will be determined later. I do have the pieces for a seventh block cut out except for part of the background--I guess I had run out of fabric ( I really need to start writing myself some notes!).
After I marked all my rows, I took the Paper Doll blocks off of the design wall and put up the Easy Street blocks I had started.
|First Star Block of Easy Street with low contrast star points|
It's not you, the photo is blurred--sorry!
Now that I have seen how the stars are popping, I am going to have to do something about it,
or it will drive me nuts.
|I spent a bit over an hour reverse sewing these Easy Street block components .|
|That didn't take too long!|
|Sadly, I have twelve of these setting triangles to take apart.|
|But only four of these corners--yay!|