Sunday, August 28, 2016

Slow Sunday

A few finishes at the end of the week:
I must have been in a red/brown mood when I made these Temecula Circa 2016 pinwheels. 

Mr. Snow "O" looks much better with eyes! 

My August OMG--Temecula Summer Sampler.
This was also on my Finish-A-Long list--two in one--yay!
(The quilt is pinned on what was once my garden shed until the three men in my life filled it with their stuff. Check out those plastic curtains--lol!) 

You know what I always say--it's not finished without a label! 

I used a pantograph to do the quilting and bound it with the same fabric as the border--keeping it simple. 
I decided that I needed a color break between the round three log cabin blocks and the round four star blocks on my Gwennie Inspired Medallion.
I couldn't just add another small border because it would throw off the math for round four, so I glued this orange flange in place before sewing round four to the medallion.

The flange was a little wide, so I appliqued it down so it wouldn't be a floppy flange.
I've been thinking for a while that I should repeat the hexie flowers and fill up those spaces on the log cabins, so I've been making half flowers to fit that area.
 Only 14 more to stitch in place today!
 Enjoy your Slow Sunday Stitching! 
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
and One Monthly Goal HERE
Slow Sunday Stitchinggrab button for RedLetterQuilts2016 button 250 best

18 comments:

  1. I like red and brown too! Nice pinewheels.
    Great beauty shot of your recent finish. Those flower boxes are so cute.
    Nice label

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty quilt pictures. Love the label and the log-cabins. You have great fabrics in those pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have so much going on...I love the red and brown combo and everything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have quite a few projects going and finishes too - neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowman would melt pretty fast right about now. It has been a very warm summer here.
    Good finish with the Temecula blocks. A nice sofa size quilt. I think I told you previously that I like the shade of blue you used for the setting blocks on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your O is especially cute! I always love when you post your SUnday stitching :) :) BTW....I TOTALLY did not even come near to making my August OMG goal...just said to my husband....it's the end of AUgust already!??? LOL!! Congrats on your wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks wonderful! I've been enjoying seeing your snowmen each month. (I've been saving the patterns, but have yet to even think about fabric for it, let alone take a stitch. Someday!)
    Love those sampler blocks! And I'm anxiously awaiting the reveal for the Gwennie Medallions. It's always so inspiring seeing what everyone has done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post!! They are all just so beautiful! I don't know how you do all of that in a week LOL!! I need some serious organizational skills :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great work, Tina's right you must be soooo organised!😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the summer sampler finish!
    Enjoy your hexie stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been so productive! I love your pinwheels and snowman! I agree with you about labels. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Mr O. Maybe if I had been stitching on my Mr. O I would have felt a bit cooler today! You're getting lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A post filled with quilty goodness. Red and brown is always a great combo and your photo shoot of your Simple Sampler was perfectly color coordinated. Filling in the log cabin blocks with the hexie half flowers really gives that space a lot of visual interest and adds another part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of busy projects. The quilt finish is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I followed the Temecula Sampler and never allowed myself to begin. Each new block I almost caved. Yours is so much better than I imagined, I love the colors, and then that blue setting! Charming finish, congratulations Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love everything in this post , even the garden shed!! Congratulations on finishing the sampler, it's such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many lovely things to look on this post. Mmmm! It was good! Your flower shed is so lovely and I envy you those flowers boxes so full of blooms. Gorgeous. As for the quilt pinned to the doors, it is just marvelous! Love the fact that you used the same blue fabric throughout. It makes the blocks float. Love it! The half hexagon rosette peeking over the red flange will be an awesome addition to the quilt. Enjoy the slow stitching. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your summer sampler is lovely! Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

    ReplyDelete