Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Scrappin'

Today is Scraptastic Tuesday, and I have a new scrappy project to share. 
This is the inspiration for the Temecula Patchwork Olympics. 
(I borrowed the photo from the Temecula Quilt Co. blog) 
That darn Temecula Quilt Company is having a Patchwork Olympics Sew Along. I could have resisted if I didn't already have all the pieces cut out and waiting to be used for something--an opportunity I just had to jump on!
The first part was to make 10-8.5" blocks--four patches from 4.5" squares.
Things go together pretty quickly when you don't have to do any cutting! 
Up next was to cut 288 2.5" squares and make them into four patches.
 I just happened to have a box of those all ready to go--no cutting for me! 

I'm still working on making the 72-4.5" four patches, but after all the challenging blocks I've been making recently, these are kind of mindless fun.
You can see where all this is going on the TQC blog HERE. I love the quirkiness of the finished quilt and love using up my scraps even more! 

And look at this bundle of awesomeness that arrived in the mail today: Grand Traverse Bay by Minick and Simpson--love it! I had pre-ordered it months ago, it was so perfect to have it arrive today--on our 47th wedding anniversary--yay! Happy Anniversary to me--lol!
Linking with Scraptastic Tuesday HERE

16 comments:

  1. Wow the inspiration quilt is fabulous!! I love that you already had your bit cut out, it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! I have none of the sizes precut, so I passed on this one, but I love the look.
    That is a gorgeous new line of blues!!
    Happy Anniversary. That is a lot of years together. We have 9 more to get to that point. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pulled my 2.5" leftover blues from my Postage Stamp jag a year ago and am sewing them into strips...I don't think I will go smaller than that though--but you never know--that is a beautiful quilt...
    except I would put the small ones in the middle--medallion style...just saying hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt was meant for you especially with all the pieces all ready cut and waiting for a project. What an awesome gift in the mail today. The fabric is gorgeous. And Happy Anniversary as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. The postage stamp on the diagonal is quite wonderful. And then so is the one you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their version of the quilt is not on point and I like the on point look. What will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever of you to be all ready for this! I guess you might get a gold medal for finishing before the Olympics are over! Thanks for joining up with us at #scraptasictueday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY REALLY like the fabric you used for your 8.5" 4-patch blocks. Do you know what line that is?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! Any day that fabric shows up in the mail is a day to celebrate. Oh, and being married is good, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary.Wishsing you a great and amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Do you have plans for those gorgeous blues and golds? Anniversary quilt perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!! Now i'm going to have to check out Temecula's blog... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All those 4 patches are looking great. Love it when you can buy your own gifts!! happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the enthusiasm I can hear in your voice! You are ready, set, go with this project for sure. Love all the current works in progress, you busy girl, you!

    ReplyDelete