Monday, May 27, 2013

Number 10 Done!

clappat_0003-Moores-Postcard-Museum

Fittingly for today, my #10 is a QOV, but I wasn't sure I would get my Number 10 finished this month. 

Number Ten on my list is a Quilt of Valor top that I put together at quilt camp last year. I had used scraps of American Jane fabrics from a fat quarter bundle I found on sale a while back. I filled in with some solid Kona cottons that were part of a bonus bundle awarded for finishing a sector during the Minnesota Shop Hop a couple years ago.

 I used this pattern by Pieced Tree Confetti Cake--specifically designed for Layer Cakes--very easy and it shows off the fun prints. I added one more row so it would be a better size for a QOV.

Product Photo

The binding and backing were all ready to go, so last week when I had a little time, I loaded the top onto my  HQ16.

Saturday I found some time to quilt it using the "Cinnamon Roll's" pattern that Kim Diehl suggested in her last book.

It does kind of look like confetti. 


Cinnamon Rolls quilting.
A very quick freehand pattern and it took less than two hours to get the top quilted. 

The front of the quilt doesn't look so patriotic (even though most of it IS "American" Jane fabric!),
 but the back is blue with red binding and a QOV label.  
Now that it's done I can add a photo to the Country Threads Pinterest page! Yay!

I got this block done on Sunday--you can see it was a quick one!
Grandmother's Choice Block #39: Endless Stairs
Only 10 blocks to go!!
For links to lots of Patriotic quilts, check out this Blog Post from Quilt Inspriration

2 comments:

  1. Oh my -- lots to read and enjoy and soak in from your post today. #1 I live in Iowa, so we're practically neighbors. #2 I sew QOVs too -- but have let it slide for a while. #3. I have that Confetti Cake pattern (card) but haven't made it yet. I like your finished quilt with those fabric choices. #4 I have try the quilting motif you used. Looks fun and quick. I have an HQ Sweet 16 and look forward to making some cinnamon rolls with it. #5 thanks for the link to the Country Threads Pinterest page. I haven't been in their shop for a while (30 min away) and need to visit again. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your Grandmother's Choice block....one of my favorite combos. And congrats on a great QOV.....it will cheer someone up for sure with those great AJ fabs.

    ReplyDelete