Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Have you heard of the Blogger's Quilt Festival
I'm not sure how I missed out on this in the past, but I am entering my Courting Quilt in the Applique category. 

Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com
Visit Amy's site HERE

The Courting Quilt

Appliqued and machine quilted by me! 

Of course, my favorite blocks are the bird blocks.
Robin's Nest


Red Winged Blackbirds
Swooping Bird
Bluebird
The Courting Quilt was finished in November of 2012 and measures 41"x 60". 
My inspiration to make this quilt was the beautiful book A Bountiful Life by Karen Mowery, published by Kansas City Star. I used only Jo Morton fabrics from my stash. Because I planned to hang the finished quilt, I chose not to do all the blocks and borders from the book.
I will always cherish this quilt because of the friendship I formed with Karen Mowery who passed away earlier this year. She was an inspiring and sweet lady and I am so thankful I was able to be her friend for a short while as I worked on this quilt. 

Be sure to check out the other entries and prepare to be inspired!!

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. I guess I better go check out that Bloggers Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one amazing quilt, congratulation:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job with the applique and the quilting. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure how you missed Blogger's quilt festival either. It is because of festival five years ago that my blog reading EXPLODED! Somewhere I picked you up - not at festival obviously.

    We have seen parts of your quilt before, but I never picked up on the fabric... this time I noticed the bird blocks with leaves all the same fabric - I like it - I like the concept - assuming the fabric works well and that Jo fabric works GREAT. Question - are all the leaves in the quilt the same fabric or just the bird blocks?

    Again well done!! Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do absolutely beautiful work. Wow! And the Jo Morton fabrics you chose work so perfectly in this. Truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is truly a work of art! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite! I love this and know that it must have taken a long time. This is an heirloom!
    Blessings,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only another appliquer realizes how much work went into this - wowsy!! lovely lovely heirloom class quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Brava!!!! So much work in this one. Gets my vote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible. I love the bird blocks best, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. The applique is fabulous, and your quilting adds the finishing touch. Beautiful treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that hand applique!! Amazing..hope you win..you have my vote..Sandi in Ideal corners, MN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful work! The colors, fabrics, and design are amazing!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete