Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Little Catching Up


Not an actual photo of Ms. Moosebay. 
Yesterday I spent my morning being pampered with Elizabeth Arden products on my face and hands. Of course, my wallet took a big hit when they showed me all the products that they used. I'm sure they would love to have a person drop about two grand and pick up ALL of them, but I resisted and only purchased a couple.
I have to be careful not to deplete my quilting budget!

Even though I was very relaxed after my pampering, I managed to keep my eyes propped open long enough to catch up on the Grandmother's Choice blocks. I had cut them out earlier and they were on my block boards ready to sew.
Block 34: Coffee Cup
I used an older Minick and Simpson border print. 
Block 35: Granny's Choice

I also worked on the  May blocks for the Country Threads Block of the Month.
My May Country Threads Blocks of the Month

I've been using my stash of Homespun's for my blocks in hopes of emptying another tub of old fabrics.
I think the quilt will get backed with flannel and be a drag-around or maybe a car quilt.


I have to show you my friend Susie's blocks--they are wonderful!

She's mixing prints and batiks. Aren't they beautiful?


I love the colors!

Sweet prints with cool batiks.
                                                                       

These make me want to start over with my blocks! 

These are couple blocks she made up to substitute for others she wants to replace .
Maybe, after seeing Susie's blocks, you want to make some of your own? You can find all the patterns on the Country Threads website HERE. Click on the Free Quilt Pattern tab in the upper right side of the homepage and you will find patterns for the blocks from January through May.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, nothing better than some pampering time!!

    Both yours and Susie's blocks look really nice and somehow I missed those free patterns. I'll have to download because I have a few tubs of fabric that I'd like to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coffee cup. That border fabric really made it look awesome. I'm trying to use up a bunch of homespuns myself. Both sets of blocks are amazing. I'm totally crushing on that star batik in the churndash block of your friend's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I am loving your GC BOWs, plus all your other lovely blocks and quilts! In my GC blocks I decided to use a gold, purple and green in each block, but I sure love the colors you have used!

    ReplyDelete