Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Doings

Update on the Paper Dolls Quilt:
I had several emails and comments about the pattern. I completely forgot to mention that the pattern is from Cozy Quarter's in IA. You can order the pattern HERE or a kit for Paper Dolls HERE. The kit comes in an adorable decorated box and you can see a photo of it by following the kit link. 

 It's almost a given now that there will be a boo-boo somewhere in the Sunflower Gatherings Block of the Week. 
Last week there wasn't enough wool in the kit for the body of the watering can.
No problem--I had just picked up this strip-y piece at Gruber's

And the piece that was in the kit was perfect in size and color for the next block in Sally's World.

Sally's World is a 4 part mystery in the Quiltmania's Simply Vintage magazine.
It's in stock at Colorz for Quilts if you need a copy--I love this magazine!

I caved--I'm signed up for Kim Diehl's Simple Whatnot's club--it's starting in September at Colorz.
These are the fun fabrics that the club projects are designed around.

I spent most of the day picking buckets of raspberries at Sandi's farm-YUM!!
Raspberries are my very favorite berry--love them! Thanks again Sandi!!!
And the frosting on the day:
My fat quarter bundle of Jo Morton's latest line Haberdashery came in the mail--yay!

Looks like most of my tomatoes are going to be ready to pick soon!
The top one looks like it has a blemish, but it's just a shadow. All the tomatoes look really good considering the plant has been blown over twice during storms this summer....
and the snacking the deer have been doing at the top--they better keep their lips off the fruit!!


3 comments:

  1. The fabric for the watering can is perfect. It's a shame that the sunflower kits are having problems. You seem pretty upbeat about though. You strike me as a person who makes lemonade when you're given lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wool appliqué blocks and yummy yummy fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! Your Sally's World block is adorable!

    ReplyDelete