Sunday, December 4, 2016

Snowy Sunday Stitching/December UFO

My December UFO candidate for One Monthly Goal is this Circa 2016 quilt top. I was worried about how the parts would all go together, because I had been reading that others were having problems getting it to fit correctly. I  must have done something wrong--mine went together perfectly--lol! I did configure the half square triangles differently from the pattern--the consensus at quilt camp was that they should point outward. 

I took this photo a couple days after our 16 inches of snow. The tree that fell on the shed is gone now--and thankfully, so is all that snow. 

Friday I went to applique group--lots of fun chatting and yummy treats.
I had to share Sandi's little stitchery--so cute!!
(A Primitive Gatherings pattern) To Plant a Flower

It's snowing again today, so I am hoping to finish up the stitching on block 3 of A Primitive Garden.
(I'm loving my new Primitive Gatherings mug I snatched up during their Black Friday event--it's usually filled with hot honey and lemon or chocolate tea.
 I hope you find some time to do some Slow Sunday Stitching today too! 
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE and Slow Sunday Stitching HERE

21 comments:

  1. I thought that black quilt photo in the linkup was yours and I was thinking "good grief when did she fit THAT in" :) Nice to hear that Circa went so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Circa 2016 quilt is beautiful! Love it! The wool appliqué quilt is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Circa top is wonderful. I have seen one other put together and like it too. I should have sewn along with the others.
    The wool quilt is a good one. A delightful flower garden and words that are oh so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Circa 2016 quilt, looks great. Mine is still in pieces, so nice to be inspired, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful quilt.I can't imagine sewing all those little pieces and I'm glad it came together well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Circa 2016 top looks beautiful -- I love the brights with white. AND I agree about the triangles!

    Thanks for the photo of Sandi's work too. So cheerful and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful finish for Circa 2016. If you did something wrong to make it fit together, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Circa 2016 is beautiful! Good luck on finishing it this month!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful quilt - really nice how it went together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful Circa 2016 quilt, hope you get it quilted! Looking forward to seeing your Block 3 of the Primitive Garden quilt... I love the look of it so far! Have a great week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great finish on the top of circa 2016!
    your friends stitching is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I really like the black borders. I am one who had problems. I did the HST like you did. If you have time check out my journey. Two of your blocks have one of the same issues. I replaced them. Doitrightquilter.wordpress.com. Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Your Circa quilt is gorgeous! I love love love it! I laughed out loud at you "doing something wrong" because it went together perfectly!
    Hope you enjoyed slow stitching your garden blocks yesterday!
    Thanks for sharing with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that quilt. I considered joining the same QAL but never did. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Circa 2016 quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I chuckled at your comment that you must have done something wrong because yours went together perfectly. : )
    It is a great looking quilt!
    To Plant a Flower has been hanging in a LQS recently. It always catches my eye. And you are making another PG quilt that I love (but will probably never make--so I will enjoy watching yours grow).
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Circa 2016 is beautiful! Thank goodness you did something wrong :))))
    Sandi's stitchery is just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Circa 2016 quilt went together without too much difficulty. I was worried though. I placed my half square triangles facing outwards also. Instead of black, I did red borders.

    Your quilt is beautiful.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Circa came out lovely - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linked up to your page today to share your Circa quilt!

    ReplyDelete