Tuesday, December 27, 2016

December UFO/One Monthly Goal

I wasn't sure I would get a chance to get Circa 2016 quilted during such a busy month, but the stars aligned, and I finally got a chance to finish up the quilting. 
I forgot about getting outside to take a photo until the sun was so low in the sky causing a shadow from the power pole across the street. It would have been better to do my pictures in the morning, but I totally blanked it out. I also forgot to brush off the chalk line for the feathered border--yeesh!  Apparently, the little gray cells aren't in tip-top shape--time to start doing those brain games again. 
At the same time, it didn't help that those icicles were dripping on my head and freezing into my hair while pinning up the quilt. It makes me wish I had nice lighting inside the house for photos--lol! 

I got to use up some big chunks of fabric for the back--always a good thing! 

This shot is in the shade--much better--and no icicles!

Circa 2016 was my One Monthly Goal selection--I'm linking up HEREand Circa 2016 was also on my Fourth Quarter Finish Along List HERE

13 comments:

  1. I have already told one blogger that made this quilt that it could come live at my house any time. I will tell you the same. Love it! Scrappy good and my kind of colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with shadows and chalk, it's still beautiful! Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to finish 2016 with a completed beautiful quilt bearing it's name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finish Karen! Fabulous quilt! Happy New Year to you! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt came out wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on hitting your OMG! Your quilt is just so pretty and I also love how you made your backing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks terrific. I love the colors.

    I've cursed when I've missed the good light for quilting pics. I've not had to dodge melting icicles, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely way to finish up the sewing year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colors and your quilt turned out beautiful - Good finish for 2016! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on this finish / beautiful and how nice to have it done in 2016! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is lovely. I am inspired to get mine out and have another look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to follow your blog and this is some kind of wonderful OMG. It reminds me that my Dear Jane still needs some more little blocks. You inspire me to get back to that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish, it is a lovely quilt. I sort of love the pictures with shadows too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete