Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Little Shopping Therapy

Yesterday my copy of Civil War Remembered arrived in the mail--another winner from the Country Threads ladies! I think the cover quilt is my favorite, but there are lots more yummy patterns inside. You can scroll back through the Chicken Scratch blog and see most of the quilts displayed in Mary's home HERE

I couldn't resist these fat quarter bundles from Hancock's of Paducah.
Twelve FQ's  for 16.99? Yes!
 I bought three---plus a little yardage....

I scored this five yard piece of Lakeside Gatherings from Craftsy during one of their weekend sales. I figured it would make a nice backing for a future project.

A few days later, it dawned on my that I could use it as the background for the Naturally Nautical boat pattern that I was hoping to make sometime this year. And I finally remembered that I had purchased a fat eighth bundle of Lakeside Gatherings during an earlier shopping opportunity.

It's all coming together.
 The little grey cells are still working--just very  slowly...



I live on a lake, so obviously I NEED to have a boat quilt!
 
Linking with Connie at Freemotion by the River HERE

7 comments:

  1. Of Course you do!!! This one will be fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Beautiful fabrics and great patterns..... they are going to be fabulous quilts! Can't wait to see how you get on! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should follow you around when you shop. Great deals!
    Looks like you will have the perfect "lakeside" quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what I love best about all your "loot". I can't wait to see those fabrics and patterns all come to life.

    12 FQs for $16.99? Seriously? Where was I when that action was going on? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shopping. You did score big. And subconsciously you had a plan for the lakeside fabric. You just had to figure it out. That's a great looking quilt for your lake side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You scored big time! I love the FQ bundles from Hancock's of Paducah, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like seeing great bargains like that - well done!

    ReplyDelete