Sunday, March 1, 2015

Design Wall Sunday

I feel pretty good going into March. I finished all of my Austen Family Album blocks and now just have to decide on a setting and put them together. 
There are 36 of these to play with--sure brightened up my sewing room today!

I'm not going to admit these are for a Sew Along--I'm calling it encouragement!
I joined a Facebook group making the blocks for the 1718 Coverlet. Since I bought the book when it came out last fall, it was a no brain-er way to use some of  my Cherrywood stash
.
I only have a few Malka Dubrawsky  prints, but love the way they look with the Cherrywood.

I've been doing some hand stitching on the Sophie's Garden blocks.
I'm really enjoying these--almost finished with the first one!
Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE

Slow Sunday Stitching

9 comments:

  1. I love your Sophie Garden block. Are you fusing the pieces down and then doing the buttonhole! I love that look and look forward to your progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden block is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have started stitching your garden blocks. And once again, love your comibination of colors in your Family album quilt above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Austen Family Album blocks are beautiful! They have a very French Provencal feel with the blue/yellow combination! Can't wait to see what you decide for the sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blocks! Loving that Sophie's Garden...we are knee deep in snow again--and it won't end til tomorrow...hugs from what might as well be "Alaska" Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in your AFA blocks! The blues, yellows and greens are a perfect antidote for winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie's Garden is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. These three projects are all so different from each other. Very inspiring. I have some Malka Dubrowsky prints as well waiting for inspiration. The Austen blocks look very intricate and the flower garden is really lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool tin to keep all your stitching tools and threads!

    ReplyDelete