A while back, a group of quilters pooled their resources and purchased the pattern and templates to make the Mrs. Billings Coverlet. Every six months, the packet was to be passed to the next person on the list. That all worked out nicely until the packet came to me. Yes! I was a big failure. Luckily the quilter I was supposed to hand things off to was very gracious and allowed me another six months. Well, those six months are up in four weeks--yikes!
This is what my Mrs. Billings coverlet looked like the last time I wrote about her:
|Unfortunately, this is still how she is looking.|
|I have spent the last week cutting out the rest of her--borders 5 through 15.|
She will measure 94" square, so you can imagine how much cutting was involved...
|...especially when you see the size of the templates!|
One thing that made is go a bit more quickly was figuring out a strip size for each shape.
FYI: I purchased my Curad tape at Walmart. My friend Kathe tells me that Walgreens carries a version that appears to be the same made by Nexcare
Okay--I know she's not, but it's still time to pass on the packet!
|Oddly, even after all that cutting, my basket is still pretty full. Hopefully when I start making the hexagons that will be appliqued onto Mrs. Billings in Borders 9 and 15 that basket will look a lot less stuffed!|