Last night I put the final stitches in the binding of Sophie's Garden....
(if you go to the above link, and scroll down a bit, you can see how Pam quilted her blocks)
|It was a little overcast this morning when I took this photo, but I think the colors are showing up pretty true.|
|In the quilting, I used several leaf vines because of the garden theme of the quilt.|
I stippled around a few of the applique blocks...
|...and some I echoed. I did a few "worms" and paisley fills also.|
|This is my new favorite--bump, bump, bump, swirl!|
Well, I tried to do it the way it was shown in this video, but my brain works in mysterious ways and this is the design I ended up with on my quilt.
I liked it so much, I used it in the border too.
I really like the bias plaid binding--my friend Val's idea.
I was pretty nervous about quilting Sophie's Garden, but once I got into it, it was a lot of fun--and I finished with two days to spare--yay!!!
Linking with A Lovely Year of Finishes HERE
and WIP's Be Gone HERE