Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Just Another Woolie Wednesday

Wow--the month is almost over and I have done almost NO stitching on my Stitch Society hexagons! 
I felt I should at least do the monthly project, so I used one of the sampler hexies as my centerpiece. The pillow pattern showed how to add the 60 degree triangles to create a star. the pattern also has a ruffled edge made from wool, but I chose not to do that (because I'm lazy, but mostly because I abhor ruffles!). My triangles looked a little bare, so I stitched in some little paisleys I made up--just the shape with a little flower.

The pillow is very practical too.
It's supposed to be used on the lap as support while stitching. I have several friends that use a pillow for this purpose. I'm determined to try to get used to it. It does work great when working Colonial knots
! 

I'm so glad we are winding down on the Sunflower Gatherings Summer Block of the Week!
It's been pretty stressful trying to keep up with this project during a busy summer.
I hope I remember that next year!!

I changed this one up a bit....
...subbed Colonial Knots for the stars in the centers of the little blue flowers.

This is the last block of the summer--yay!
But once this is all stitched down, I have a lot of piecing to do!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little pillow and love your Sunflower a Gatherings blocks as always - you've done a great job to keep up with something that's once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks Karen--after seeing your Blue and Gray quilt I HAD (lol) to send for the book--yikes--I want to make ALL of those quilts--this has got to be one of my favorite pattern books of all time!! On your Blue and gray--did you size up the nine patches?? Hugs, Smitten Julierose

    ReplyDelete