Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Confessional

Here it is, the beginning of a new week (and month!) and I have nothing new to report in the quilting department from last week. 

My sisters Cathy and Mary, my sister-in-law Lisa and I worked all week at my Mom's house sorting things and getting ready for a garage sale. It made me realize that I need to start burning through my stash ASAP--I hate to have someone else try to figure out what to do with all that fabric!
I completed my Stitch Society needle keeper a while back. 
 I've been able to do some stitching in the evenings, and have finished all of my April blocks. 
Get ready for a lot of photos!
Same design as the needle keeper cover with a bit of reconfiguration.

Mouse

Little Red Hen
Wedding Heart

Love Birds

Pierced Heart

Conversation Hearts

Folk Art Hearts

Floral Heart

Anniversary Hearts

Love Letter

Tree of Life

Raspberries

Bleeding Heart

Hollyhocks

Bluebells

My hexagons are overflowing the fabric box I made,
so I am switching to my "vintage" picnic basket from World Market.



11 comments:

  1. Really wonderful hexagon blocks! I specially love your pin keep. Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hexie work...so beautiful and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each hexagon block is more lovely than the last! And I LOVE your needle keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH beautiful stitched hexis !
    fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't you been busy with all your woolly blocks - so pretty! I love the little needle keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your hexies! So amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog- you must have lost your mom. So sorry -you're right, though. hubby says he'll just take all my stuff to the dump! LOL all my friends know if anything happens to me, they better get here FAST to rescue my treasures! You do GREAT hand sewing! I did Lisa Bongean's last summer, still not finished so didn't sign up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have memories of a vintage lunch box similar to that. Maybe at my grandparents? Oh gosh, I misread at the start and thought you said you had to start burning your stash! Bahahaha, I was appalled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you offer a pattern for your beautiful hexagon needle keepers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!!! Have you set your hexie's together yet? Just wondering how they would be set and quilted. Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete