Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Update!

Grandmother's Choice Block 32 Mr. Roosevelt's Necktie
I've been busy getting ready for retreat on the 20th. 
I had planned to work on my first project using some of my Indigo Crossing stash. 

Lots of half square triangles!
I decided to use only the lightest lights. I'm saving the cream backgrounds for my second Indigo Crossing project (still a secret!). It took me a couple days of sorting through patterns, books and magazines, but I finally narrowed it down to the two quilts that I wanted to make using these fabrics. 
The first one is a pattern from Buggy Barn.
I was going to pack these up like this and take them along to work on at  retreat,
 but decided to make a test block to figure out what rulers or tools I would need to bring along
.
Good thing I did, too!
moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
My test block.
 
After realizing that each block has 64 pieces
(not counting the already pieced half square triangles),
and finding out how much I had to pay attention to what I was sewing to what, I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to try to make these while I'm at retreat--too easily distracted there!
I went ahead and made all nine blocks.
I'll be sewing them together with the sashings at retreat.


From the pattern Buggy Wheels by Buggy Barn.
The scrappy version of this pattern (twelve twenty blocks) used to be a free pattern on the Henry Glass website
(I don't see it there now--sorry!).
Better Homes and Gardens renamed it 'Round the Stars and made it smaller using blue and white fabrics.
The pattern is in the Special Interest issue of Sew Scrappy Volume Two.
moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
This is my Number 8 for Connie's Game:
Temecula Summer Star Sampler 
I need to quilt and bind it, but probably won't get to that until I get back home.
 
moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
The April Dixie Diary block: Asylum--heart version...
moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
And the star version.

No comments:

Post a Comment