Monday, January 7, 2013

An Obsessive Compulsion

I'm not sure what compels me to join in on sew-along's. I guess I just don't want to miss out on the fun?

I'm very happy with the Easy Street mystery quilt that just finished up on Quiltville's Quips and Snips blog. Well, mine isn't finished finished, but it will be in the near future. I'll report on that soon.

My Grandmother's Choice is coming along, I am up to date on all the blocks and loving how it looks so far.
Block 19 Old Maid's Ramble
Only 30 blocks to go! 
 Today the Jo Morton Yahoo chat group started a new sew-along. We are going to make the FTU (free to use) pattern from the Andover Fabrics website Scrap Basket Sampler Quilt. The pattern was designed by Candy Hargrave for the Jo Morton Leesburg line of fabric. She more often than not designs a pattern for each of Jo's latest fabric lines. I had printed out the Scrap Basket Sampler pattern quite a while ago and had been wanting to make it in my own colors, so when Candy suggested we do it as a group, I joined up. I figured it would be motivation to get to work on the quilt.


 Candy posted a schedule for us to follow in the coming months--we will do one block each week until mid August.

 Last week, I chose my Jo Morton fabrics (decided to do blues, tans, browns and, for a change-up, a little cheddar) and started cutting little "kits" since the fabrics were all out. I cut the fabrics for the January and February blocks and put them on my block boards next to my sewing machine. Then, since it was almost time to start on block one, I figured I would get a little jump start and make the first block.

This week's block is the Railroad Variation.
Railroad Variation--Scrap Basket Sampler
And then I made the second block...and the third.....I think you can figure out where this is going. 

I don't need to worry about making any Scrap Basket Sampler blocks until March because I just couldn't stop myself!  

Six inch finished blocks for January and February sew along.
I have them labeled so I post the correct block to the Yahoo group each week. 
I'm not telling the rest of the group though--just posting one block a week there! 

1 comment:

  1. you may not be telling the rest of the group but stand assured "some" read your blog! Nice to be a little ahead isn't it?

    ReplyDelete