Sunday, July 5, 2015

Holiday Sewing?

It's been so beautiful outside, that it would be a shame to stay indoors and miss the sun. Even with a smokey haze from the Canadian wild fires, it has been very pleasant to be able to sit outdoors and stitch up some hexagons.
I'm almost done with the eight side units I need for Stars in the Garden. Mine are much scrappier than in the original pattern. I'm hoping to start on some of the other units later today.  

There's only one more border to be added to the ThimbleCreek mystery quilt.
Between doctor appointments, gardening and (gasp) cleaning, I haven't made a lot of piecing progress. Wednesday was a total loss--I have enough of a challenge maintaining a consistent quarter inch seam, but with dilated eyes--forget it! 

This will be my July UFO finish--I hope!
Shown is only one quarter of my Chippewa Nine Patch (an older Minick and Simpson design) that has been in the UFO bin for several years. I plan to do an all over quilting pattern, so hopefully it won't take all month!
 Back to those hexies!

Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes HERE
 Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
 WIP's Be Gone HERE
alyof2015Slow Sunday Stitching
WIPs Be Gone

13 comments:

  1. That's what I love about hexies (or any EPP for that matter) ... they're so portable! I love being able to sit out on our deck, stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both red white and blue quilts! The medallion is especially wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The R, W, & B quilts are always the perfect combo for this time of year. Two wonderful quilts you're working on. The hexies are a great take-along project, so tiny and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the patriotic quilt. Looks like you are determined to do some UFO busting! Good for you! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful quilts! I love the colour combinations you've used in your hexies, looks like it will be the perfect quilt for snuggling under in autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nicely colour coordinated post, all red, white and blue. Your two quilts are beautiful and I really like the mix of fabrics in your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bold, saturated colors of your scrappy hexies. And your Thimblecreek Mystery Quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, your quilts are just stunning! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hexies are great and the mystery quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started with the largest stars for my Stars in the Garden and I am only on my third one. I love seeing your scrappy version. And it looks like it will be a finish long before mine is. : )
    Two beautiful R/W/B quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there any better pastime than stitching hexagons? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too really like the RWB theme of your mystery quilt!!

    ReplyDelete