Friday, January 18, 2013

Retreat Hangover

It always takes a day or two to bounce back after a retreat--staying up later than usual, getting up earlier, sewing like crazy and, of course, all the yummy food--it takes a toll!  
 It's totally worth it though--new friends and so much fun!

 The facilities at Keepsakes were great:
Each table was equipped with these sturdy wine bottle holders.
Cocktail hour starts at 3 PM !!
A "toe"st for a great retreat!!

Lois made us these adorable wine glass cozies so we could tell our glasses apart.
That is, if you remembered which shoes your glass was wearing.

(Yes, I'm talking to you Susan! )


Helen was the winner for most finished projects: eight quilt tops for her Etsy Shop
as well as some table toppers. 
Susan (a close second) got a lots of models finished for the shop including this gorgeous place mat:

Aren't they pretty? I love Dresden Plates! These will probably be a class and kits.

They're fused onto a stiff interfacing and finished by machine (and washable) 



I managed to get my Scrappy Trip together.

 I made a total of 35 blocks using two inch strips. It measures 45" X 64".
 I plan to add a border to make it large enough for a QOV.

And I made 16 more blocks for my Paper Doll quilt.


We are all signed up for the same time next year!

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me! Some of us showed restraint and waited to start Happy Hour until 4 pm.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete