Saturday, January 5, 2013

Almost to the End of the (Easy) Street

It's been a crazy couple of weeks on Moose Bay. In between all of the holiday doings, Mr. Moosebay and I have managed to squeeze in numerous medical appointments: a mammogram, two physicals,  three trips for blood work (and a follow up consultation), an eye exam--how much more fun can two people have?
I think I know how these two feel! 
Unfortunately, we will be making a lot more medical treks since Mr. Moosebay has been diagnosed with a pretty serious condition (totally treatable if he follows his doctor's recommendations). There are going to be some big changes in our household, all for the better, I hope!

I did manage to get some sewing in though! I've been able to stay on top of my Grandmother's Choice blocks. This block had a very interesting story about women moving to the Western states to achieve more freedom.
Number 18 Cheyenne
  The two final parts of  the Easy Street mystery quilt have been posted..
 I don't have all of my blocks together yet, but I think I am going to be very happy with how it will come together. 

Part 7: Join the 64 geese and rectangles from Part 2.

Part 7 continued: Construct 4 outer corner units
Part 7 continued: Construct 12 setting triangles
Part 8: cut 16 squares for block centers.

Part 8: Mock-up of Block A. I need to make 16 of these.
Mock-up of Block B. I need to make 9 of these.
Wow! I think I am going to love this quilt.
I'm a little worried about my brown star points not popping against the teal blue and my taupe and cream four patches not having much contrast, but that's the risk of doing a mystery.
Overall, I  like the results--especially the fact that I was able to use only my stash and  mostly scraps. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love your colors - I think it's going to turn out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear Karen, I think you have both hit saturation point for Fun with your appointments :-). I do hope all goes well with the serious situation. Grandmother's Choice blocks looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your colors look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy that is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fabrics you are using in the blocks. The pops of blue are what catch my eye. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH that is so great! I love the colors! I am not sold on the green, but I used her colors... I wanted to expand my color horizans.... hey I'll probably give it away anyway. But I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colors! The colors sure make a difference in this pattern. Praying for health in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize many of your fabrics! Looks the most like.mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easy Street is stunning - love those colours. It has been a fantastic journey working on this with quilters from all over the world and I've enjoyed seeing what fabrics everyone has used.

    ReplyDelete