Sunday, September 1, 2019

September Goal

Gadzooks--where did the summer go???
I can't believe it's time to decide on a finish for September, but here it is...
Yes! I'm finally going to get Stonefield's quilted before it ends up in some obscure storage bin.
It's my One Monthly Goal for September.

I'm a little intimidated, but I also think it will be a fun top to quilt.
The thread I ordered has yet to arrive in the mail, so I can't start in right away though. 

In the meantime, I may as well make the binding.
I've pretty much decided to use this stripe.
It doesn't look so great with my border fabric, doesn't it?

But...if it's on the bias, I think it will work.
 I wanted something subtle, and thought about using the border fabric on the bias as the binding. In the end, I decided it may be too subtle--lol!  Maybe a blue flange will be tucked in--or maybe not. My feeling is to not draw too much attention to the outer part of the quilt and distract from the blocks. 

I really like it with my "Hits the Spot" Grunge backing, for sure!

See more great projects at One Monthly Goal HERE


17 comments:

  1. I think its a perfect choice. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I love your quilt!! I ordered the pattern because of you, by the way. Perfect choice for your binding. Are you hand quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt, Karen! You must have really enjoyed making it, each block its own little project. May I ask, how long has it been in the making? I like the bias binding idea. I look forward to seeing it all quilted up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is so pretty. I like the binding you have picked out. It adds interest without shouting "look at me!" The backing is delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely quilt! I like the stripes a lot hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stonefield will be a worthy finish for Sept. You'll have lots of opportunities to quilt different ideas in all those blocks. You can never go wrong with a striped binding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is just so pretty. I think you've got a really good idea going with that binding on the bias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What type thread did you order for the Stonefields quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to be a beauty! I have 4 more Sections to finish my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. What a stunning quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this will be amazing. As to the binding--sometimes it is a fine line between subtle and too subtle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is too special to leave in a bin. Good luck with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is spectacular. You can see all the effort in it. It will become a priceless heirloom when completed I'm sure. Good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, your choices are inspired! This is going to be so magnificent. Did I mention I have the Stonefields pattern in my file cabinet...do not feel my skills are there yet, but some day. I will reread your Stonefields posts. Have fun with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Cheddarback blocks - especially the letters. I think the dark blue border looks fabulous with your HS blocks.

    ReplyDelete