Sunday, May 27, 2018

May Finish and Slow Sewing

Little Boys Britches, my One Monthly Goal for May has been finished for a while.

The pattern is found in the book Quilts from the Barn--a Quiltmania book. I made mine a bit smaller than shown in the book.

It was a fun quilt to make.
Each block is 3 fabrics from my stash: two that coordinate and a background from my Edyta Sitar Silver Linings bundle of fat quarters.


It seems we went directly from winter to summer. Yesterday our outdoor thermometer registered 100 degrees--yikes! This morning was nice and cool, but it's starting to heat up again--a good reason to stay inside, enjoy the air conditioning and do some Slow Sunday Stitching! 
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
and 
One Monthly Goal HERE
Slow Sunday StitchingTake me to the May OMG LInk-up

15 comments:

  1. Your Little Boys Britches is beautiful. Love how you quilted it, too. Whew! 100! I was hot enough with 89.

    Love those blues - can't wait to see what that looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish / congratulations! :)

    Our weather has been a bizarre back and forth...the seasons are no longer what they were like when I was growing up or even raising my kids :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Congrats on your finish. No air conditioning for us yet...,lot more thunderstorm weather for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the "Little Boy Britches" quilt turned out. Every time I have seen pictures of your progress on it, I think I should dig my template set out and then I forget about it. The block design would work well in a lot of my stash fabrics.
    Love those blue fabrics you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilt. I have never seen that block before. Don't you just love sewing from stash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great looking quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful quilt and a fun design! Keep nice and cool! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. May's finish is wonderful. You pulled out some great pieces from the stash. I love the sneak peek of the newest project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful Karen ! And I have bought the pattern of flowers from Edyta sitar in Hancock's when I was in Paducah ! A lovely quilt all in blue !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish! Well done on meeting your goal :-) hehe, we've suddenly stepped into winter - our fire is roaring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful finish. I have enjoyed watching this quilt progress each time you posted about it. It looks gorgeous.
    We have, of course, gone the opposite way to you and are very cold now. Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and workmanship

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Boy Britches is just lovely and those blue fabrics are so pretty - I can't wait to see what you are making with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very pretty - and the setting is great!

    ReplyDelete