Friday, June 1, 2018

June Goals

NOTE: I've just realized that Blogger has stopped sending me blog comments to my email. I think I can reply to them directly from Blogger, but haven't tried that yet. I have read them all and thank you for taking the time to comment! 

June is going to be a busy month, but I feel pretty confident that I can meet my One Monthly Goal: finishing my Jamestown Landing quilt. 
My blocks are all together and the inner border is on. Luckily I had enough leftover matching strips from sewing the string blocks. They are slightly wider than the inner border measurement in the book, but I'm okay with that--I think it will work.
Okay, I admit I was too lazy to trim them down.  

 Now I need to make 16 of these printer paper sized string blocks for the outer borders. They will be split down the center.
I'm half way there! 

Bonnie suggests piecing left over strip pieces together to make them long enough for the border blocks. It's nice to not end up with too much waste and you know I love "making do". 
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE
Take me to the June OMG LInk-up

17 comments:

  1. This will be a gorgeous quilt--you have really done a lovely job on this Jamestown one. Hugs, Julierose ;)) (Hate this no comment to gmail thing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, again blues. I wish I had kept my "Baskets of Life" pattern set as I think it would have been pretty done in blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I love a blue and cream quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! I love blue and white, and your added off-white is a great addition.

    A lot of us, probably all of us, are having problems with comment notification. It's because of the GDPR. You can still get an emailed copy of comments if you make a comment on your post and checking the "Notify me" box. The emails will be no-reply though and may go to your spam folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I just love this quilt... the colours are just fabulous! Have a great weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your combo and your quilt is beautiful Karen !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of Bonnie's quilts I've wanted to make since the first time I saw it and still do. Yours is looking beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those blues and tans together. I didn't realize you have a long arm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those blues look fantastic together. It's nice to work with a pattern that has the no waste philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger is a pain in the butt.... Nice project......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jamestown Landing is so beautiful and I love the idea of using up the pieces like that. Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Jamestown Landing is coming along beautifully. You're several steps ahead of mine. But I love how yours is coming out. You are almost done with the quilt top. Keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the finish. It is looking great already!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your UFO pattern and mine are similar this month!
    Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like making do as well...love love that quilt in the post below this one.

    ReplyDelete