Friday, May 2, 2014

Thank You...

I want to thank each and every one of you that sent me cards and messages and prayers concerning my Mom's passing--it really touched and humbled me to know there is so much support out there and I thank you for thinking of me.

I was deleting photos from my camera to make room for what I know will be awesome retreat pics, and I realized that I never posted these guild meeting photos--enjoy!! (I should note that it's been 3 weeks since the meeting, so I'm sorry I don't remember exactly who belongs to each quilt, but I'll do my best!)
I think this is Martha's quarter Trip quilt quilted by Rebecca.
From who is holding the quilt, this is either Val's or Cathy's--
I suspect Val because she is all about brights.

Val's pretty quilt: What Cancer Cannot Do

This wowzer was made from some fabrics Val picked up several years ago when we were at quilt market together--love it!!

This one could be Carol's or it could be Marie's...

So striking and huge!!

Carol's hooked Santa--awesome!

This one is by Carol too--a Princess Elephant--adorable!

Not sure who's behind this one!

I love this one! I'm making a similar quilt right now!

If I remember correctly,
Terri accent painted the pre-printed panel to coordinate with the Cherrywood fabrics surrounding it. 

Gorgeous Edyta Sitar strippy quilt.
and a few photos from our Sew-In the following day:
Sandi"s fabulous scrappy quilt--she better keep an eye on it or it may end up in one of my bags..

These are Irene's adorable Scottie's made from charms.

This quilt gives me chills.
Ed found this in his late wife Susanne's quilt stash--cut out and ready to sew up. 

Suzanne's daughter is expecting and Ed is finishing this quilt as a gift to her from her Mom.

Lastly--this is our guild raffle quilt for 2015.
It has elements from several different designers (used with permission) and was put together by an awesome team of gals from our guild.

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work!
    For me several there would be stealable lol a feast of stitching!
    And how lovely that the quilt top is going to be finished for the new baby, a gift from Grandma, very touching ~
    So sorry to hear about your Mums passing : (
    Enjoy the retreat, hope its just the balm you need -

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely pieces! thank you for the showing! I love that "Wowzer" and the quilt Ed found--amazing use of fabrics...hugs and my best thoughts winging out to you...julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hooked Santa is what caught my eye! I still have not taken time to learn how to do hooking.
    The house raffle quilt is wonderful. Was this done from a pattern or designed by a guild member? It is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - loved the show you gave us! HUGS... and stitches

    ReplyDelete