Today is not only Super Bowl Sunday or Groundhog's Day, it's also the link-up finale for Celtic Solstice!
My version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt is named Christmas Solstice since it was my attempt to use up my basket of holiday fabrics. I did make a pretty good dent in my Christmas stash, but sadly, there is still a lot to work with in there.
Here is my slow progress on Christmas Solstice:
|Step One: 244 Peaky and Spike blocks complete!|
|Step Two: 244 Chevron blocks complete!|
|Step Three: 8 half square triangles of 488...|
|Step Four: 104 four patches of 300...|
|Step Five: two split triangle units of 244...|
|My mock-up of block A|
|My partial mock-up of block B !|
This time around, I am very happy with my color substitutions. I ended up with good contrast and I like the red stars and what I am calling my green wreathes!