Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Little of This and That....

Yesterday I visited the Aitkin Quilt Guild with the new owner of Colorz Quilt Shop, Denise. The guild  had several shops from around the state do some vending and I demonstrated the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler for Colorz. 
These are some of the early shoppers.
It was fun to meet up with so many retreat buddies that I will be sewing with in less than two weeks. I better start planning what I will be bringing along!

I think I mentioned last week that I was refreshing my memory on the steps to use the Rapid Fire ruler. I decided to put together all of my partially made stars from other demos and classes that I have done and over the weekend I made this little piece using the 3" stars. It's so cute hanging on my design wall--I think I need to at least double it for a small throw. 

A lot of the stars are make-do, using stray cuts from the ends of my strip sets--I couldn't bear to toss anything. 

I know it would probably drive most quilter's crazy to put the non-matching parts together, but it doesn't bother me at all--it's kind of what patchwork is all about, isn't it?

The second week of the 365 Challenge is complete--only 50 more weeks left--lol! 

No quilting is being done on my Halloween Mystery quilt loaded on the other side of this table--my bad! Now that I have a couple of the Mrs. Billings borders laid out, they will have to be pieced before I can do any quilting--see how I always shoot myself in the foot when it comes to staying on track!?
Linking with Scraptastic Tuesday HERE

12 comments:

  1. Maybe you could mix some 3 inch and some 6 inch stars together for a throw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to get distracted when you have so many good things to work on. Love your 365 day blocks and your scrappy stars. I saw the Carolyn K's Mrs. Billings quilt a couple weeks ago. It's beautiful. I like what you've choosen too with your brighter color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 3" rapid fire blocks look gorgeous put together like that. I like the make do blocks. Love your 365 blocks - 2 weeks down sounds good to me :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see your 365 blocks done up, they're lovely. In theory I'm working on that quilt too. I just have to start. :) (50 weeks to go?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrappiness of your stars! Definitely keep going! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stars look great together and I do like your scrappy approach. Great work keeping up with the 365 blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little star quilt Karen! I really should spend less time worrying about the fabrics I put together.... your scrappy fabrics look great! Thank you for the inspiration! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stars and especially those with the little surprises thrown in. I was always terrified of lemoyne stars, but I think I need to get over that fear and make some. They are such happy little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful star quilt and it came together so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would have driven me nuts to have non matching fabrics in my stars until I saw how wonderful yours looked! Thanks for the great eye candy, I am filing this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little star flimsy! Adorable!
    Good job keeping up with the 365 challenge so far--both weeks of it. : )
    Hope you can get your border pieced quickly and move on with your quilting.

    ReplyDelete