Tuesday, January 5, 2016

UFO Goal for January

Since my ThimbleCreek Halloween Mystery quilt is already loaded on the machine (and has been for quite a while!), I've chosen it as my first UFO to complete in 2016.
I'm planning to do an edge to edge design since the top is so busy and the pieces so small. I found a fun spider web that I think will be easy to free hand--I'll have to practice it on a white board for a while before I try it out on the quilt top.
I still need to choose a thread color--gray, green, orange, black???
 Not sure yet!

I'm making slow progress on the double diamond border for Mrs. Billings--I may actually be about half way--yay!! Doing it a little at a time has been pretty painless.

More Lemoyne Stars--I'm practicing in anticipation of a demo I will do next week. 
The gals behind A Lovely Year of Finishes have decided to take a well deserved break, but there is a new link up stepping in: 
RedLetterQuilts

9 comments:

  1. Your Halloween quilt is very nice! Best of luck on your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be anxious to see what you decide to do on your Halloween quilt. It's fabulous with all those gazillion pieces. It's nice to have a hand piecing project. Most of those tend to be slow but steady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a grey spiderweb design will be wonderful on your Halloween mystery quilt.
    Beautiful Lemoyne stars--no "Y" seams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful patchwork! I like how it is set into the striped border. I love the Lemoyne technique! is it the same? http://redletterquilts.blogspot.com/2013/01/8-point-lemoyne-star-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always good to start out with some lofty goals, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Karen! Your Thimblecreek quilt is just fabulous and I can't wait to see how you quilt it! Your other projects look beautiful too... I shall look forward to watching your progress with them! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that you had a big set up for machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck quilting your thimble creek mystery. I agree that an edge to edge is what it needs otherwise it could get far too busy.
    The Lemoyne stars are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with finishing off your Halloween quilt. Spiderwebs will be such a fun design for that quilt.

    ReplyDelete