I almost forgot about my September UFO finish!
Luckily after a couple days of rain, there has been some lovely weather and I managed to get outside and take a few photos.
|I think I'm naming this Four Patch Stars. |
You may remember this was a free pattern at Windham Fabrics, Worn and Loved. The four patches are from a swap. I thought this pattern was going to use up a lot more four patches than it did--I should have quadrupled the pattern and made a bed quilt!
|I used several curved rulers to accomplish the quilting. |
The thread is a medium tan: Aurifil # 2325.
|Oops--I neglected to put on a label--I guess that will be some of my Slow Sunday Stitching today!|
The border print down the center is a Jo Morton fabric that was leftover from a strippy quilt I made a while back, It worked out perfectly to make my backing fabric wider.
|The main backing fabric is from an older Connecting Threads line.|
|I wasn't real happy with the quilting I did in the border, so I'm glad you can't see it in these photos--haha! |
Of course, when you have your face right in it while doing the binding, every flaw jumps out. Plus, I just didn't like the design. I had planned on picking it all out and redoing it, but after a few days, it didn't look as awful as I first thought...and I really don't relish doing all that reverse sewing! So, for now, it is what it is....