|The Quilt Show released part six of the BOM mid-March in addition to part three at the beginning of March. The idea is to give us some busy work since we are spending a lot of time at home.|
And what is the busy work, you ask?
|We now have the measurements to make the double nine patch blocks.|
There are 64 blocks needed for the quilt. The block finishes at 6.75". My plan was to work on them at my spring retreat, but that has been cancelled. My new plan is to make the small nine patch blocks as leader/enders since I have all year to get them done.
Before I started cutting strips, I re-finagled my leftover four patches (from the shoo fly blocks I made in month one of the BOM) and pieced them into nine patches. Both the four patches and the nine patches require 1.25" squares, so just needed to add more squares.
I was really itching to have more piecing to do and was so tempted to join Bonnie Hunter's Unity quilt along--I love me a medallion quilt! But really--I just needed something to work on at my sewing machine. I opted to stay focused (for now), and have been spending a little time each afternoon working on the little nine patches. I have 82 made and need a total of 320.
These are all the applique blocks I have finished as of last week on the design wall. I'm glad I finally put them up there because I can see now that I need to add more pink and green. And yellow.
I've made a template to help trim the blocks. The blocks need to be trimmed to 7.25" and this makes it pretty easy to situate on the block, mark around with a pencil and then trim up using a ruler and rotary cutter.
Only one more April block left to stitch down!
Amazingly, I have not purchased anything quilt related since our "lock-down" began. I admit to having spent a
Thanks again, Janet!
No progress to report on my April goal--I haven't been able to motivate myself to start quilting Cheddarback. I thought I was waiting for a sunny day to add better light to my sewing room, but today is beautiful and I'm still not feeling the urge--lol!