Saturday, November 2, 2019

November One Monthly Goal

Well, I missed the Halloween deadline to get these pumpkin projects quilted, so for my November One Monthly Goal, I am hoping to get both the wall hanging and the table runner quilted before Thanksgiving. It's still fall, after all! 

I would have had plenty of time for quilting if I hadn't been sidetracked by cute sewing projects I learned about at those retreats last month.

Nancy was making these cute bandana's that fit on a dogs collar. Naturally I had to make one for my pup (okay, I've made three so far).
I'm not sure if Willow is happy about that or not!
You can find the pattern HERE
I used the small size template. Be sure to try it over your dog's collar before sewing the channel-- you can probably guess why I say that--lol!!

Brenda had made an adorable zippered bag from a Pioneer Woman place-mat. Of course, I had to stop at Walmart on the way home from camp and pick up a place-mat to make my own bag.  


 I took pretty deep corners and my bag ended up the perfect size to carry my embroidery project.
Instructions for place-mat bag HERE
These literally take about 10 minutes to make--super easy! 

Linda had brought a tub of decorator fabric so we all could make one of these ruler bags. I waited until I got home so I could use up some old pre-quilted double faced fabric that I've had in my stash (for years!). This bag is just a covered empty bolt cardboard with pockets added on either side and an 18" handle. It's not open at the top, and in fact is closed up at the bottom once the cardboard is inserted. It's very sturdy and perfect for taking those long fragile rulers to class or to just store them in the sewing room. Your local quilt shop will happily give you an empty bolt!  

Instead of packing away the rest of that pre-quilted fabric again, I also made a tote.
Another bin of fabric bites the dust--yay! 
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE
November OMG link-up is open!

13 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing stuff!! Love the totes, but the pup is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins fit in well all through fall--they will make great Thanksgiving decor.
    So many fun and creative projects, from the doggy scarf, to the ruler tote, to the bag made from the placemat, and the tote from leftovers. You have been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for ruler storage and your tote is so pretty - French looking. Cute puppy too;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely projects to be side-tracked by!! Hope you get your pumpkins quilted in time for Thanksgiving!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pumpkin pieces and you can use them through Thanksgiving.
    what a cute pup and the kerchief!
    your various bags are just great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always liked the French look yellow and blue fabrics though I don't think I have ever had any in stash. Made a pretty tote bag with yours. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I can see why you were distracted! These are really fun projects! I enjoyed watching the video using the placemats. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pumpkins--they are lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing those ideas: I'm going to try the placemat bag and the ruller holder. Both look great! hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some people are so clever coming up with these quickie ideas. Love your November pumpkins! And also congrats on emptying another bin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Especially love that last bag, I love paisley fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pumpkin runners are perfect for Thanksgiving! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see the pumpkins being part of the plan for this month. And I can see why you have been distracted with these projects. Every one of them is a great idea. I had not thought of turning a placemat into a pouch!

    ReplyDelete