Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ack! Google is playing tricks on me again and hasn't been forwarding my comments to me. I have read them all though and appreciate you taking the time to comment--thanks so much!  Now I have to find some time to dig through my settings and figure out what is happening--makes me grumpy! 


My next set of Stonefield's blocks was finished (maybe I've already shown these?). Lots of pink!

Hospital Sketches for May--loving this project! All of my backgrounds have been pieced, and I have them numbered for placement--an attempt to not end up with the same background fabrics next to each other. Hopefully it works! 

I'm waiting anxiously for part four of Cheddarback. This months' group of blocks had some challenges--the bottom right basket in particular! I ended up doing the math instead of paper piecing it.  I was tempted to slip the bonus block in it's place, but persevered--lol! 

For the next set of Stonefield's blocks, the designer recommended assessing the previous blocks and decide if the colors needed to be adjusted.
More blue-duh! 

I dug into my stash to substitute blues for all the pinks in my kit.  
So far, I've done every single block in the pattern as shown, but when I got to this one I just wasn't in the mood for English Paper Piecing. 

The kangaroo was a bonus block, so I made her in place of the EEP sunflower.

I am so close to the end of my blocks for Stonefield's.  I've been working on getting them all done--more to come!  



10 comments:

  1. You have so many fun projects going on....that kangaroo is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kangaroo is just darling! I love a good sunflower block, but dont fancy paper piecing it either, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly beautiful, as always. I had trouble with the same block in Cheddarback because I didn't paper piece it either. Lopped off part of the basket to make it work. My quilt, my rules! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hospital sketches block. The colors are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen lots of beautiful work,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful stitches...but, I'm especially admiring that Hospital Sketches block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kangaroo is cute, cute. I did not make one of those blocks. And I ended up with lots of pink and blue in my Stonefield blocks and like the look.
    Your Hospital Sketches block turned out very good. I traced pattern pieces onto freezer paper a couple days ago but have not done any fabric selection. I put the project aside to do "must get done" blocks for the sew alongs that were coming due.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Kangaroo is adorable and your Hospital Sketches block is lovely. I am so impressed with how you are able to keep up with several BOM projects. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always amaze me with all the wonderful projects you have going at the same time, I don't know how you keep track of them all! Love the kangaroo and I liked the addition of the pink to your Stonefield blocks! Hope you are having a great weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work! Love all the blocks! I am getting there on the remaining blocks for Stonefields. I am doing mine in Repro fabrics!

    ReplyDelete