Sunday, December 31, 2017

Slow Sunday!

I think anything done today will be slow--minus 29 degrees tends to slow things down...unless you are running from your car into the house or vise versa--then it's the hustle shuffle (don't want to slip on the ice!). 
The end is near for the On Ringo Lake mystery.
On Friday triangles were added to the pieced triangle units.
On Saturday, the two different colored flying geese were sewn together. 

And today the blocks are going together. Now it's just a matter of making nine patches from the pieced units.
 I will be leaving for quilt camp in eight days, so I am debating with myself--should I go ahead and make my blocks this coming week, or bring everything along to camp and sew them there? It's not that I don't have plenty of other things to work on--lol!  Hmmmm......

And here are my New's Years Eve celebration plans:
I will snuggle down into a comfy chair in my warm house, do some Slow Sunday hand stitching (my hexie triangles for Mrs. Billings are coming along nicely) and watch The Thin Man marathon on TCM. Perfect!

Stay warm, stay safe, and have a great New Year's Eve!

Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at quilt camp, no matter what project(s) you bring. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the golden brown/mustard color choice for your mystery block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have commented previously that you use a lot of blues and use them well. I like your color choices for the mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sure is cold.....
    The quilt is coming along well..... Goodluck finishing......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't quite visualize the color scheme coming together with the blue and mustardy yellows but I should have trusted you and your past ability to make things beautiful. Your block is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric combinations. Your quilt will be beautiful. Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors that you are using.

    It was five degrees here this morning...so far 1 degree is as bad as we've gotten. You are far colder, brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay warm while you are stitching, love those colors for your blocks. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely the perfect time to be working on a quilt and letting it keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Ringo Lake colors are so beautiful to me!
    I love your New Year's Eve plans. Haven't watched the Thin Man series in years! I'll need to set that by the DVD player in my sewing room for a future marathon.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. On Ringo Lake looks beautiful! (BTW, do you see moose in your area?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The choice of fabric for the mystery have worked out great. The colors are rich and warm. Hope the temps are better. Fortunately we have missed the bitter cold that you are experiencing. Have fun at the retreat. It seems like a great way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete