We had a pretty bad storm last week and had no power for about 16 hours. This is the only tree that fell across our property. We are so grateful it wasn't worse--almost nothing compared to other weather related damage elsewhere in the world.
|This is just a couple houses away from us--trees down all the way to the lake.|
|Most of the damage looks like these trees snapped off in the middle of the trunks, but there were also many uprooted. Apparently this was all caused by straight line winds.|
|There are lots of new wood piles ready to dry out for burning.|
|I got a chance to gather up some fallen birch. Since my petunias were decimated by the wind, I replaced them with birch cuts (thanks to Mr. Moosebay).|
Excuse my plastic garden shed curtains--I've been meaning to take them down for years--lol!
|Last night I put in the final binding stitches and added the label to my September UFO Flower Pots. I was seriously worried that I wouldn't get this done by the end of the month.|
|Flower Pots is my One Monthly Goal for September. |
It was started as a sew along with Annette Plog from her book True Blue Quilts.
I justified joining the sew along because I already had the book--haha!
|Somehow I ended up with an extra block, so it became the quilt label rather than an orphan block--don't need more of those!|
|Now if I can get my Primitive Garden block done for this month I will be really happy--off to do some hand stitching!|
See more finishes HERE at One Monthly Goal