My Christmas Solstice quilt is finally finished!
|I'm not sure what year this Bonnie Hunter mystery was first introduced, but unfortunately, I fell waaaay behind. I've been taking different parts of the blocks to retreats, and was so happy to finally get all the blocks together at quilt camp this past January--until I realized I had made a big boo-boo (that you can read about here). |
Anyway, everything is fixed and finished and here she is on our king size bed--yay!
|I wish I would have had enough of the Thimbleberries fabric in the foreground for the entire back, but I only had five yards. At least it was a good opportunity to use up some big chunks of fabric from my stash!|
|I quilted Christmas Solstice with a curly paisley inspired by Tracy fromWhirls 'n Swirls quilting on You Tube. There are several fabrics in the quilt that have paisley prints, so I thought it was an appropriate quilting design for this quilt.|
I used Aurifil # 1147 for the quilting--a lime green that blended in nicely.
|And, of course, the final touch--a label. |
I happened to have this Thimbleberries label and figured this was a good time to use it!
Christmas Solstice was my February goal and is also on my Finish-A-Long list HERE
Linking with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts HERE