Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mid-Month Update (A Little Late!)

My One Monthly Goal, the Little Boys Britches quilt,  has been quilted and bound. I still need to add a label and I think I will use this left over block to do that. 

Since I was able to get all the parts for Jamestown Landing finished at quilt camp, I decided to keep at it and put together the 42 blocks I need for the quilt. It's so nice to have them done and ready to sew up into the quilt top. I may make this my next goal, although I haven't decided if I will do the piano key border shown in the book. We'll see how June works out---I have a lot of garden plans that have priority over quilting (gasp!). 

I had some extra pieces and parts left over from my Jamestown Landing blocks and put them together into a little mat to put under Willow's food dish in the kitchen. 

Or maybe it will be a chill-out mat instead?

I also finished a little gift project--I was thrilled to find the perfect backing for it!
I'll show the rest soon! 

9 comments:

  1. I love your Jamestown blocks. That's going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mat is the perfect size for the little dog resting on it. Regardless of what it was meant for, it looks good in its current use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love seeing your projects Karen and I just love the colours you chose for Jamestown Landing. What a cute mat the extra blocks make for Willow! Lucky doggy!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are beautiful. Cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just been ticking things off the list! Must feel good.
    I really like Jamestown Landing, and look forward to seeing yours all put together.
    Willow appears very content on the new meditation mat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willow seems to be enjoying that "perfect size for her" mat. The colors go great with her coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow seems to blend in with the colors of your Jamestown blocks. It was definitely meant for her. It must feel good to have those blocks sewn . Lots of pieces and lots of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! Willow is so cute! I think it's use has already been decided! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on all your quilts. So good to see lovely finishes.
    Yes, yo to make the most of getting into the garden when you can. Enjoy the lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete