Monday, December 11, 2017

Oops!

Quiltville's Quips & Snips
I tried to resist, but just had to jump in.....
Yes, I'm sewing up the clues to Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery, On Ringo Lake. 
The last couple years, I passed on the mystery sew alongs only because I had several that were still unfinished. Now that I'm all caught up, I figured I may as well do a little stash burning--lol!
This is Clue One--Nine Patches. 

Clue Two was Flying Geese.  

Of course, I had to try to solve the mystery--pretty sure this isn't it.
But after laying these out I realized these were the exact same colors I had used to make a previous mystery, Easy Street

So...back to sewing machine.
Thankfully I hadn't made very many red geese. I'm not making the full amount of units as I want a smaller, possibly throw size quilt. My very scientific formula is to divide the amount of units in Bonnie's requirements by 5 and then multiply by 3. Don't ask me how I came up with that plan---I have no clue.
It's a mystery! 

Clue Three is complete (according to my formula!). I may need to make more of each of the units, or I may end up with extras.
 We'll see when the mystery is solved!

You can still catch up with the Clues by visiting Bonnie's blog HERE.
Today is the Clue Three link up HERE--it's fun to see how some are trying to figure out the mystery--check it out! 

18 comments:

  1. Your units and color schemes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to see how other people lay their units together :0) I love the colors you are using - it will be beautiful. I have oodles of clue 3 to cut and sew yet. So many pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fabrics. Isn't this fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to see all the differing color combos--yours look very pretty..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying seeing everyone's blocks for this quilt! I like your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors....especially the cheddar/goldish one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made the quilt smaller in past years. Wish I had known about your formula. Mine was "divide by 2." It never worked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors! I like it when people choose different colors. So much variety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like your having fun using some stash and playing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those golds are beautiful! Sounds like you a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your colors and fabric choices! Good job catching up with the clues. This is my third year doing Bonnie's mystery quilt and it is so much fun. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm--love your colors. Sometimes you just gotta cave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really do jump in. Looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both the colour choices you made. I hope we get back to the aqua and brown this week though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful colors you are using! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Maybe I'll use patriotic colors for the next mystery. You can't go wrong with red, white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful fabrics, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete