Thursday, September 28, 2017

September Goal....

What a crazy month! I can't really wrap my brain around summer being over yet.

 We had a pretty bad storm last week and had no power for about 16 hours. This is the only tree that fell across our property. We are so grateful it wasn't worse--almost nothing compared to other weather related damage elsewhere in the world. 
This is just a couple houses away from us--trees down all the way to the lake. 
Most of the damage looks like these trees snapped off in the middle of the trunks, but there were also many uprooted. Apparently this was all caused by straight line winds. 
There are lots of new wood piles ready to dry out for burning. 
I got a chance to gather up some fallen birch. Since my petunias were decimated by the wind, I replaced them with birch cuts (thanks to Mr. Moosebay).
Excuse my plastic garden shed curtains--I've been meaning to take them down for years--lol!
Last night I put in the final binding stitches and added the label to my September UFO Flower Pots. I was seriously worried that I wouldn't get this done by the end of the month. 

Flower Pots is my One Monthly Goal for September.
It was started as a sew along with Annette Plog from her book True Blue Quilts.
I justified joining the sew along because I already had the book--haha! 

Somehow I ended up with an extra block, so it became the quilt label rather than an orphan block--don't need more of those!  

A few days ago, I realized I already had made a "Flower Pot" quilt. It's usually buried under Mr. Moosebay's clothes, so I don't feel too bad that I had forgotten about it. It's from a Miss Rosie Schnibble's pattern. I think it's kind of fun to have a light and dark version! 


Now if I can get my Primitive Garden block done for this month I will be really happy--off to do some hand stitching! 
See more finishes HERE at One Monthly Goal

15 comments:

  1. Wow. Glad it wasn't worse. I like your replacement for the petunias. I like the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of damage, glad no one was hurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! What a mess that wind made!
    I'm enjoying your two pretty flowerpot quilts! One of my current interests is trying out one block in a multitude of settings, just to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you had no severe tree issues--love your flower pots and that window box is brilliant...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite a storm! Glad all is ok! I just love the birch arrangement in the window box! And congrats on finishing your Sept goal, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your Flower Pots quilts! Basket quilts are one of my favorite designs and blue and white combos always look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lot of trees. Do you have to rake a lot of leaves? We had one home with lots and lots of trees and I hated raking the leaves each fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I can see what that incredible wind storm did. Luckily, you didn't have more damage. Loved see both the dark and light version of your Flower Pots. They're both lovely. You met your September goal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is lovely. So glad you didn't have more tree damage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finish in spite of weather damage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your two little flower pot quilt look great together. What a fun discovery. I'm so glad you didn't have a lot of damage. Kinda scary though. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad no one was hurt in that wind storm. Just love both of your blue and white beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the tree missed most things at your place but it is still a lot of work to clear. Pleased all are safe.
    Your flower pots quilt is a great finish and so lovely in blues. Lovely to see it alongside the first one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your basket quilts. Blue and white quilts are some of my very favorites! Glad you got through the storm with minimal damage. We were missed, but neighbors just down the road said it was a pretty fierce storm. Two more weeks before we can come up again to tackle the leaves. Take care!

    ReplyDelete