Sunday, June 4, 2017

June UFO

How is it possible that we are already into June? This will be a busy month, and even though I've know for weeks which quilt I wanted to finish in June, I'm not sure it's going to happen. 
At quilt camp last April, one of my high priorities was to get the alternate blocks for this ThimbleCreek mystery completed. 


Mission accomplished.
When I set all the blocks together on my design wall (above) I was overwhelmed by how busy it looked. It's kind of grown on me now that everything is sewn together. I chose a "calming" border that I think has helped also. Now, if I can get it quilted this month, I will be a Happy Camper!
This project is not only my June One Monthly Goal, but it's also on my 2017 Finish-A-Long list, so it will be double win if I get it done. 



Friday was Slow Sewing day at Colorz. 
I thought it would be fun to bring along my Stars in the Garden top (lower part of photo) to compare with Paula's (little star at the top of the photo above). Mine was done with half inch papers and Paula is using quarter inch papers.
 Isn't her little star the sweetest? And amazing!?!

My slow sewing has been getting my Texas Stars hand stitched together. I hand pieced the stars years ago while we were doing some remodeling and I didn't have a space for machine sewing. The hand piecing is going surprisingly fast. I started on Tuesday and already have four rows together. A little incentive may be that I can't open my sewing room windows for fear that the stars will be blown off the design wall. It took forever to arrange them so three different backgrounds would come together in the negative space hexagon shapes.
It's getting a little warm in here--back to my Slow Sewing--maybe on the porch!
Linking with Kathy's Quilts HERE and One Monthly Goal HERE 

16 comments:

  1. There is a block in the first picture in the blue green family of colors. I like that one very much. I have been in the blue green mood for several months now. It has reflected in many of the blocks I have made. Yes, a busy look to the quilt but I was instantly drawn to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made those Thimblecreek blocks too - they were fun to make but I haven't even started on the alternate blocks - yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that represents a lot of work! I really like a good chain quilt and pinwheels make it unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we are working on the same finish for June. Mine is quilted, but waiting for me to sew down the binding. Your projects are going to make this month a great sewing month, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on getting the mystery quilt assembled!
    I want to see your progress on Stars in the Garden, but that photo isn't showing up for me. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay--it is fixed now. Wow--that doesn't sound like much of a size difference, but it sure looks like one!
      I don't know how they handle those 1/4" hexies. I tried and it was impossible to me.

      Delete
  6. Love those little houses and trees in that pattern--such a lovely piece hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Thimblecreek quilt is looking great! I've also noticed lately that the final assembly seems to tidy things up and reduce the busyness a lot. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. It will be a fantastic finish. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. that mystery quilt is turning out great! And your slow sewing is going beautifully! I have a EPP project that I'm working on, and it is fun, even if it isn't fast! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW these projects are all inspiring :) Slow stitching adds up over time and isn't this wonderful proof.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing projects. Love seeing the progress you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always say this but gosh you make the most wonderful quilts!! Wishing you a productive month working on these beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete