Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Summer Sewing

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I have finally managed to start sewing my Stonefield's blocks together. 

I am changing up the border.
Not only because I am too lazy to make 176 flying geese and 168 hexagon flowers, but because I don't want to make the quilt so much larger. It took a bit of brainstorming, but I think I've come up with an alternate border that may win the approval of Susan Smith and use up some of the leftover fabrics. I hope it works out how I envision it! 

My July Hospital Sketches block is complete--I couldn't  get by without something to hand stitch. 

This month's Cheddarback blocks were a nice mix of super easy and very challenging--good for the brain cells--lol! I redrafted the house block so it could be pieced. Appliqueing the windows never works out for me--they seem to always end up out of line.

Back to my border plotting.....

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt...a whole lot of blocks...sounds like your alternate border will be lovely--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a ton of small blocks you've been sewing together. Those are wonderful teal blues you've used in your applique block as well, as using four different backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stonefields is so pretty. All of this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish and the different border! I agree, it would be another year or so before I would finish mine if I had to do that! I just have lost interest in it and yet it is not that much work! You did a great job on the quilt so far and am sure the border will be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - forgot - love the other blocks - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the border on your Stonefields quilt. Love all your projects. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such works of art! I can't wait to see the border ideas. I hope they work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a major accomplishment on the Stonefields blocks! I am curious to see what border you have designed with those half circles.
    Your Hospital Sketches block really is beautiful--soothing colors, lovely design, excellent craftsmanship.
    You did a good job on the house block. I have always wanted to try piecing that block, but never have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not make the Stonefields border like the pattern either. I used a border stripe and let the fabric do the work.

    Your Hospital Sketches block is so pretty in the teal colors. I am so very drawn to those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete